Tower25 Review With Information About Creator PJ Patten

    PJ Patten is an independent with talent, particularly when it comes to minimalistic storytelling. He gives just enough art to tell a sequential story while still making each page strong. Though he is new to the pro community he has already created a very engaging work with Tower 25. His story is visceral and mature without resorting to any cliches or cheap emotional string pulling. Now this being said he needs to improve a little bit on his coloring without going over his line work. I recommend checking out this fantastic comic.





  I asked PJ for more information about Tower25 and below is what he said:
  The story is about my own life and is starting with the time period when I found myself homeless after ten years of drug addiction that involved a stint with heroin, mainly a huge meth addiction.  I do realize that there are some serious gaps, but I have been going back and drawing more pages to take care of those. 

   Currently my work is available for viewing at Tapastic.com/series/tower25.  I update it every Tuesday and Thursday and sometimes I post more pages if I feel the need to explain things more in depth.

    I did recently sign a publishing contract with Underbellycomix @underbellycomix.com as part of their webcomics program meaning that when my work has a certain amount of pages then it will go to print.  I hope to have the first manuscript handed over in a month or two, but won't go to print for around six months after that.  When it is printed it will be available through the Underbellycomix.com website.  I believe it will find its way onto comixology, and stores to.  In the meantime it can be viewed for free at Tapastic.com/series/tower25.

   Tower25 is the series title.  The name comes from the number of the lifeguard tower where I grew up surfing and where I returned to when I was homeless.

  This is my first work going to publication so I don't have a work bio.  

  My Twitter handle @pjamasvonpatten.

  Here's a link to an interview I did. I'm including it here in case it can be of help with some info http://www.pulpcultured.com/interviews/2015/6/21/pulp-cultureds-exclusive-interview-with-underbellys-newest-creator-pj-patten

Update circa 11/29/2015
www.tower25comix.com is the comic's website.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Archer & Armstrong American Pale Ale Opinion Piece 2

Buffy The Vampire Slayer Season 11 Issue 7 Review With Spoilers

Buffy The Vampire Slayer Season 11 Issue 1 Review With Spoilers